Working with NextFlex, a robust community of innovators including start-up companies and established manufacturers alike, are benefitting from a collaborative approach to design, development and problem-solving via NextFlex’s state of the art Technology Hub. Offering a full complement of flexible hybrid electronics design, development and manufacturing services, the NextFlex Technology Hub provides the following capabilities: NextFlex is soliciting proposals from members to temporarily assign technical experts to work in the Technology Hub.
The temporary assignee will have the opportunity to participate in ongoing NextFlex projects, as well as to propose additional projects that support the NextFlex mission of advancing FHE manufacturing maturity. Member companies can claim the fully burdened cost of the employee assigned to NextFlex as an in-kind contribution offset for membership obligations. NextFlex will vet and approve the assignee skills, length of assignment, and amount claimed as the in-kind contribution.
Areas of Expertise Sought
- Design and Development – Mechanical and electrical design, power integration, firmware and application development
- Printing and Additive Processing – Industrial inkjet printing, automated screen printing, gravure offset printing and fully automated 5-axis aerosol jet deposition on a wide variety of functional materials.
- Print and Substrate Post-Processing – Laser ablation/trimming, thermal plasma-based deposition of thin and thick films, molding/encapsulation, roll to roll handling
- Assembly and Integration – Automated multi-chip bonding for die and component attach, high mix multi-head pick and place for die and SMD attach
- Test and Integration – Non-destructive optical and mechanical reliability testing, electrical and optical inspection
- Review the “Areas of Expertise Sought” list.
- Propose a candidate or candidates from your organization, including their background and areas of interest.
- Provide a time-frame estimate in which they would be available.
- List any requirements you have, or requests for support from NextFlex, for the prospective temporary assignee.
- Email Art Wall, Director of Fab Operations, to propose potential assignee candidates.