NextFlex is a public-private organization bringing together industry, academia, and the U.S. Government with the mission of advancing U.S.-based Flexible Hybrid Electronics (FHE) manufacturing technologies and the U.S. FHE ecosystem. Our work enables the next generation electronics for medical, wearable, asset monitoring, structural health monitoring, soft robotics, integrated array antennas, automotive and agricultural technology applications.
As the NextFlex Commercial Market Development Manager, you will be expected to leverage your technical knowledge to identify new business, architect deal transactions, negotiate contracts and set and meet annual sales targets in support of NextFlex’s overall commercial market development and the burgeoning U.S Flexible Hybrid Electronics (FHE) manufacturing ecosystem. You will also provide existing and potential clients with advice and support as it relates to transitioning from rigid to flexible solutions and helping to better understand the overall benefits of FHE.
Daily, you will be expected to translate and explain highly complex and technical advanced manufacturing information to customers and prospects, focusing on revealing how FHE can solve specific customer problems and/or create new revenue opportunities. You will also be expected to stay abreast of the latest developments and breakthroughs in advanced manufacturing, printed electronics, and other next generation manufacturing trends, and then share this knowledge with others both inside and outside of NextFlex. You will also interact daily with engineers inside NextFlex and at customer and prospective customer locations as you steward projects from the design to prototyping and pilot production phases.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Strategically identifying and securing new business by developing target customer profiles and maintaining and pursuing a lead list of potential clients that fit those profiles.
- Collaborating with the NextFlex design, production, and engineering staff to determine how best to make or modify a client’s design to suit the needs of that customer, while maximizing the technical impact and revenue potential of NextFlex.
- Advising customers on how best to leverage NextFlex’s expertise and the Technology Hub’s capabilities.
- Being adept at consultative selling and coaching on technologically/scientifically advanced products and processes.
- Envisioning practical applications for NextFlex-developed technology within the U.S. FHE manufacturing ecosystem and developing pipelines to implement.
- Meeting with existing and prospective clients.
- Preparing project proposals and price quotes.
- Representing NextFlex in negotiating contracts with terms and conditions that meet both the needs of the client and NextFlex, including addressing deliverable specifications and timing, intellectual property issues, and financial frameworks.
- Providing pre-sales and post-sales support, including technical back-up as required.
- Monitoring project performance to ensure projects are completed on-time and within budget.
- Attending trade exhibitions, conferences, and meetings for sales prospecting.
- Lending support to NextFlex’s Marketing team by making technical presentations that demonstrate how FHE and other NextFlex capabilities meet clients’ needs.
- Ensuring that commercial fiscal and/or strategic targets are met.
- Preparing progress reports on project status and goal attainment while also keeping thorough customer records.
- Coordinating the project budget and price quotes in partnership with finance.
- Working closely with the Directors of Business Development, Engineering, Fab Operations, and Technology, and being a cross-operations team player to support, and be supported by, all other areas of the organization as needed.
Skills Needed to be Successful
- A solid technical electronics background, with prior experience in, or a transferable knowledge base to, advanced manufacturing and FHE materials, processes, and tools.
- Proven ability to construct a commercial transaction and bring it to a successful close.
- Experience with Government-funded IP development is helpful, but not required.
- Basic commercial skills including strong communication and presentation skills, sound judgement and a good business sense.
- Experience with key market verticals for FHE such as IoT, wearables, medical devices, automotive, defense & aerospace, structural health monitoring, or microelectronics packaging is desired.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Resilience and tenacity.
- Independence and self-reliance.
Work authorization/ requirements
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), you must be one of the following: a U.S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
Send your resume to careers@NextFlex.us today!