NextFlex is looking for a hands-on electrical engineer to join the Advanced Technologies Group. In this role you will design, prototype and test the next generation of additively manufactured flexible hybrid electronics.
This is a unique role perfect for an engineer who is interested in owning advanced projects. You will have the opportunity to participate in all phases of system design (component selection, schematic design, layout, and troubleshooting) and work closely with our experts in system integration, robotics, software, testing, and process, in a broad range of environments from medical devices to consumer electronics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Tackle challenges and enjoy discovering, defining and solving problems
- Participate in thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting designs that meet customer needs
- Contribute to a cross-disciplinary team of engineers and scientists
- Work closely with a program manager to meet milestones and deadlines
- Stay up to date with technology trends
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering
- Strong EE fundamentals
- Knowledgeable in all phases of electronic circuit design and development
- Experience with creating system specification documents
- Experience with analog design and simulation
- Experience with building and testing electronics
- Technical understanding or experience with one or more of the following areas: RF design, analog sensor implementation, signal conditioning, amplifiers, analog filter, analog to digital converters, capacitive sensing.
- Strong EE fundamentals and HW debugging skills with lab equipment.
- Familiarity with Mentor Graphics, Cadence, or Altium tools and PCB design
- Experience working with sensors, high-speed layouts, wireless communication and power management
- Experience with PCB simulation tools
- Experience with designing electrical circuits for medical applications
- Experience with firmware development
- 4-5 years of experience preferred
- Experience in medical devices development
- Experience with wireless systems
- Experience with printed electronics
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
Minimal travel to meetings/conferences, as needed.
Work authorization/ requirements
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
NextFlex provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. NextFlex is a drug free workplace and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.