NextFlex, America’s Flexible Hybrid Electronics Manufacturing Institute, is a public private partnership with the mission of advancing the capabilities of US Manufacturing around Flexible Hybrid Electronics (FHE) and ensuring that the enabling manufacturing technologies are developed and shared with institute members and the US Government. The Institute is a not-for-profit entity funded jointly by industry, academia and the US government. Our work enables the next generation electronics for medical, wearable, asset monitoring, structural health monitoring, soft robotics, integrated array antennas, automotive and agricultural technology applications.
NextFlex offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a fun, collaborative work environment.
This position will be responsible for translating the design of new devices from engineering into the necessary artwork that can be implemented in the form of screens, stencils, laser tool paths and more. This individual will also be expected to contribute to the areas of automated testing and inspection in the assembly area.
Essential job Functions and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Optimization of engineering supplied artwork, including ensuring that consistent design rules are followed for consistent results.
- Developing skills to integrate, modify and oversee artwork with design tools such as Fab3000, AutoCAD and other more proprietary software drawing tools.
- Assist in programing and operation of other fab tools such as Fanuc robotic arm, ESI laser and optical inspection tool sets.
- Participate in meetings and discussions aimed at defining the tactical and strategic needs of our operation.
- Documentation of best practices for pilot manufacturing operation depending on tool, process and materials.
- Operating in a safe and productive manner.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, materials science or related field or relevant experience
- Experience with electrical design and/or engineering software including packages such as AutoCAD is highly recommended as well as general programming skills
- Hands on experience with precision instruments and process equipment
- Communication skills in written and oral capacity to accurately report and describe activities and status
Work authorization/ requirements
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), you must be one of the following: a U.S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
NextFlex provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. NextFlex is a drug free workplace and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.