NextFlex is looking for a Project Manager to coordinate and run the FlexFactor program, a project-based learning activity that immerses people into the blended world of advanced manufacturing and entrepreneurship. The ideal candidate for this position will be someone who enjoys working with students (K-12 and college), is comfortable with public speaking, and has a high degree of attention to detail. This person will report to the Deputy Director of Workforce Development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This role is both administrative and student-focused. You would divide your time between administrative activities at NextFlex, and conducing offsite activities with program partners, where you will provide feedback and guidance to student teams in the classroom.
- Schedule and deconflict each program iteration
- Coordinate with internal and external partners to ensure all elements are in place for the successful execution of field trips and other program events
- Print and organize paperwork, and perform the routine set up associated with program events
- Delivery of in-class program content
- Assist with college enrollment paperwork
- Provide student teams with assistance and feedback as they conceptualize their products and develop their final pitches
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
This role requires a highly detail-oriented individual who is comfortable engaging with everyone from high school students to government representatives.
- Ability to plan, deconflict, and iterate through multiple programs simultaneously
- Ability to engage professionally with members of government and industry
- Ability to work well with youth
- Ability to convey the program’s structure and goals to new teachers and administrators
- Ability to assist students in understanding the major entrepreneurship, business, technology, and education-related components of the program.
- Comfortable working in new situations, and quickly problem solve when issues arise
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work well on a team
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent public speaking/presenting skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Up to 10% travel
Physical Demands and Requirements
- This role requires frequent reconfiguration of furniture and the ability to lift equipment. Applicant must be able to safely lift and carry at least 50 lbs.
- This role requires you to work at a variety of locations in the Bay Area area. You must have a car and be able to drive.
Desired Start Date
Interested in applying? Please email us at email@example.com