NextFlex, America’s Flexible Hybrid Electronics Manufacturing Innovation Institute, is a public-private collaboration with the mission of advancing the capabilities of U.S. manufacturing in the field of Flexible Hybrid Electronics (FHE) and ensuring that the enabling manufacturing technologies are developed and shared with institute members and the U.S. Government. The institute is a not-for-profit entity funded jointly by industry, academia and the U.S. Government. Our work enables the next generation electronics for medical, wearable, asset monitoring, structural health monitoring, soft robotics, integrated array antennas, automotive and agricultural technology applications.
Complementing NextFlex’s focus on developing and commercializing emerging technologies, NextFlex’s Workforce Development department is creating the next-generation STEM workforce. In support our of workforce development goals, NextFlex develops and operates a portfolio of learning programs designed to be adopted by various stakeholders (higher education, non-profit, and K-12 entities) across the country with the goal of attracting and training the future advanced manufacturing workforce.
NextFlex offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a fun, collaborative work environment.
Description of Duties
NextFlex is seeking an Outreach Relations Manager who will use his/her/their interpersonal skills, communication abilities, and business acumen to build and sustain robust relationships with program adopters across the nation.
This role will support and engage new program adopters as they navigate the onboarding, adoption, and sustainment process associated with our programs, and deepen relationships with existing stakeholders to incentivize program sustainment and expansion. This position will be the primary interface with the program adopters and is responsible for ensuring adopter satisfaction and program success throughout the entire lifecycle.
Applicants should have prior experience working in accounts management, customer relations, sales, marketing and membership, or a similar space, with demonstrated success managing strategic relationships to influence outcomes. Successful candidates will have a proven ability to build rapport with external stakeholders and an exceptional track record of ensuring their timely and effective completion of milestones.
This position will report to the Portfolio Manager – Institutional Learning Programs and work closely with the entire workforce development team to meet program goals and adopter needs, delivering the best learning engagement experience.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop robust relationships with program adopters and other stakeholders
- Ensure program adopters sustain and expand programming, meeting throughput targets each year
- Serve as the internal subject matter expert on each managed relationship to ensure quality standards and stakeholder expectations are met
- Collaborate effectively with internal colleagues to maintain a best-in-class learning experience
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of assigned relationships including the respective stakeholder’s value propositions, markets, challenges, and opportunities
- Collaborate with internal teams to communicate the narrative around stakeholder initiatives, transforming data and insights into a compelling story
- Track, measure, evaluate and report on adopter performance
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
The Outreach Relationship Manager will need to be a high energy, motivated self-starter who thrives on building and nurturing relationships. Additionally, candidates should be extremely attentive and responsive to external parties, with exceptional communication, problem-solving, coordination, and organization skills. This role will require creativity, strategic decision making, a positive attitude, and persistence in developing robust relationships.
This role will be defined by a fast-moving environment with last-minute challenges and adaptations.
Candidates must have:
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships and collaborate with internal and external action figures to influence outcomes
- Demonstrated multi-year track record of developing and maintaining external and internal working relationships
- Demonstrated experience communicating effectively at all organization staff levels from executive leadership to support staff
- Ability to initiate, champion, and manage positive change in a fast-paced performance-driven environment
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Proven ability to concurrently manage multiple projects with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to identify and prioritize opportunities and accurately forecast commitments
Prior Experience Required:
- 5+ years of relationship building experience
Location: This is a full-time, remote position. Work hours are expected to match the Eastern and/or Central U.S. time zones, though due to the national nature of the work, flexibility will be required. Except for an annual trip to company headquarters in San Jose, CA, travel is not expected as part of the routine performance of this role, but may be necessary in rare circumstances.
Work authorization/ requirements
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), you must be one of the following: a U.S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
COVID-19 Vaccination Notice
As a Federal contractor, NextFlex requires any new employee to provide acceptable proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to his/her/their first day of employment at NextFlex, unless a legally-recognized exemption has been requested by the new hire and approved by NextFlex. This policy has been established to comply with Executive Order 14042 (Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors) and the implementing Guidance for Federal Contractors and Subcontractors (saferfederalworkforce.gov).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
NextFlex provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. NextFlex is a drug free workplace and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
Interested in applying? Please email us at email@example.com