NextFlex, America’s Flexible Hybrid Electronics Manufacturing Institute, is a public-private partnership with the mission of advancing the capabilities of US Manufacturing in flexible hybrid electronics. Our work is transforming the next generation of electronics for medical, wearable, structural health monitoring, soft robotics, integrated array antennas, automotive, and agricultural technology applications. Along with its industry partners, NextFlex works closely with the Department of Defense. Consequently, this position requires government contract cost accounting experience. NextFlex also has a workforce development division educating middle schoolers through graduate level as well as industry, the technics of Flexible Hybrid Electronics.
NextFlex offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a fun, collaborative work environment.
The Senior Financial Analyst for FP&A reports directly to the Director of Finance and is responsible for all customer proposals, budgets, and analysis. With your knowledge of the FAR and CAS, you will be the key driver of government contract cost accounting and will prepare both provisional billing rate proposals and incurred cost submissions for the DCAA. You will also participate in cash forecasting, drive financial planning and analysis, and perform budget to actual variance reporting. Additional responsibilities include:
- Preparing project budgets and quotes and analyzing project profitability.
- Analyzing program and business segment financial performance and subsidiary financial performance and requirements.
- Developing and publishing management level financial reports and forecasts.
- Preparing proposal costing and customer quotes for multiple entities.
- Preparing budget vs actual reports and performing variance analysis for management.
- Reviewing and analyzing subcontractors’ budgets, reports, and financial performance.
- Developing and performing financial analysis and modeling
- Preparing plans and operating budgets
- Analyzing, interpreting, and communicating revenue and cost/expense variances to management.
- Calculating and periodically adjusting cost allocations.
- Tracking business results and cash flow analysis. Ensuring all restricted and unrestricted funds are properly presented.
- Modeling overhead costs and charges.
- Assisting with preparation of management presentations and government reports.
The Successful Candidate Will Have:
- Bachelor’s degree with accounting and finance concentration. An MBA degree would be helpful.
- Federal government contract experience and knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS). Experience with DCAA audits and government grants will also be helpful.
- Hi-tech company experience, preferably in the contract manufacturing industry.
- A minimum of 7 to 10 years of progressively responsible finance/accounting experience in multi-entity environment, including cost accounting, budgeting, analysis, and systems.
- Familiarity with strategic planning and budget analysis using automated tools such as Adaptive Planning.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to present complex information clearly and concisely.
- Complete all other duties and assignments as may be requested.
Work Authorization/ Requirements: To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), you must be one of the following: a U.S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Note: NextFlex provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. NextFlex is a drug free workplace and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
Interested in applying? Please email us at email@example.com