NextFlex, America’s Flexible Hybrid Electronics Manufacturing Innovation Institute, is a public-private collaboration with the mission of advancing the capabilities of U.S. manufacturing in the field of Flexible Hybrid Electronics (FHE) and ensuring that the enabling manufacturing technologies are developed and shared with institute members and the U.S. Government. The institute is a not-for-profit entity funded jointly by industry, academia, and the U.S. Government. Our work enables the next generation electronics for medical, wearable, asset monitoring, structural health monitoring, soft robotics, integrated array antennas, automotive and agricultural technology applications.
NextFlex offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a fun, collaborative work environment.
Responsible for daily client invoicing, collections, and bank account functions. Maintain balance sheet account and income statement analysis. Assist with accounts payable processing, ensuring proper authorizations for all charges, and maintaining company files. This position will complete vendor reconciliations for expense reconciliation, cash payments and cost share. This position is backup to all accounts payable functions. Work with Financial Accounting Manager for customer setup and credit checks. They will obtain administrative control for customer contracts. He/she communicates all appropriate information to management in a timely and accurate manner. This position reviews transactions ensuring compliance to all company policies and procedures relating to Company financial and administrative issues.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Process all daily cash receipts and bank transactions.
- Process daily customer invoicing as required.
- Responsible for reconciling all accounts receivable transactions to the general ledger and ERP system.
- Process/prepare project cost schedules and reconcile to the financial system.
- Complete project status reports of budget vs actuals.
- Create reports from the company’s computer systems and other supporting programs (excel, word).
- Ensure proper job cost accounting and assist in the preparation of the appropriate management reports.
- Update all relevant finance schedules on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Responsible for vendor contract administration.
- Ensure all Company Policies and Procedures are followed for appropriate transactions.
- Review and process daily/monthly procedures to update balance sheet account analysis and key income statement accounts.
- Complete all other duties and assignments as may be requested.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Must have an accounting or finance degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be a critical thinker and decision maker.
- Individual must have strong communication and computer skills.
- Must have excellent excel along with good word processing capabilities.
- Working knowledge of financial systems, database systems and cloud technology.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and Word skills.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
Work authorization/ requirements
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), you must be one of the following: a U.S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
COVID-19 Vaccination Notice
As a Federal contractor, NextFlex requires any new employee to provide acceptable proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to his/her/their first day of employment at NextFlex, unless a legally-recognized exemption has been requested by the new hire and approved by NextFlex. This policy has been established to comply with Executive Order 14042 (Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors) and the implementing Guidance for Federal Contractors and Subcontractors (saferfederalworkforce.gov).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
NextFlex provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. NextFlex is a drug free workplace and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
Interested in applying? Please email us at email@example.com