During this event, OSD will be seeking partnerships for 6-3 funding of $41.6M over four years to develop and shape proposals in response to the FY 2019 OECIF Call for Proposals to fund multi-year science and technology (S&T) projects that will enhance energy storage to improve lethality and warfighting performance.
The event will allow for leading edge industry and academic participants to better understand the FY 19 OECIF intent, service challenges and priorities, and to inform the government stakeholder community of emerging technologies and products.
You will have an opportunity to brief your technology and discuss opportunities to partner with government researchers to develop proposals for consideration. (details to follow)
Projects can be up to four years of advanced technology development culminating in an operational demonstration.
Click below to see the FY 19 OECIF Call for Proposals and Service Priorities
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
100 Bureau Drive, Stop 4700
Gaithersburg, MD 20899-4700
The event will be located in the Portrait Room inside the Administration Building. All food functions will be located in the cafeteria across the hall. Please bring cash, credit card or debit card to pay for food.
8:00 am to 9:00 am – Check in
9:00 am to 9:30 am – Introductions and Objectives
9:30 am to 10:00 am – NextFlex Introductions
10:00 am to 10:30am – Military Pitch (Energy Storage Requirements)
10:30 am to 12:30 am – Pitches from Companies: How can they meet the requirements
12:30 am to 1:30 pm – Break for lunch – (military choose network partners)
1:30 pm to 3:30 pm –Partnering/Networking Match Making Session
3:30 pm to 4:00 pm – Closing Remarks
Registration has now closed.
For any questions or concerns email Laura Castellano at firstname.lastname@example.org
We must receive all registrations to this event by July 26. We cannot accept any walk-in/non-registered attendees.
All attendees must carry either a Passport or Government compliant ID. The name you register as must match or Passport.
- Getting There
- Meeting location: National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), 100 Bureau Drive, Gaithersburg, MD 20899
- Meeting Room: Portrait Room, 1st floor of the Administration Building
- Airport: NIST is nearly equally distant from BWI (Baltimore Washington International – in Baltimore), IAD (Dulles), and DCA (Ronald Reagan National Airport in DC). For those that don’t want to rent a car – DCA has a stop on the Washington Metro System. Those flying into BWI – there is a bus that goes from the NIST/Gaithersburg area to BWI for $5 each way.
- Information about Driving or taking public transportation to NIST:
- Driving instructions: https://www.nist.gov/about-nist/visit/getting-nist-gaithersburg.
- NIST offers a free shuttle from the Shady Grove Metro station twice an hour.
- NOTE: if arriving by taxi or public transportation, you will be dropped off at the NIST Visitors Center to get your temporary badge, and then will need to walk (~0.25 mile) to the Administration Building.
- Parking: At NIST is free. You will need to show your rental car agreement or your car’s registration to park on campus. https://www.nist.gov/about-nist/visit/parking-and-getting-around-gaithersburg
- Photo Identification: All visitors must be preregistered and must present photo identification (federally approved State issued driver’s license, Federal ID or original passport) and vehicle registration card upon arrival. Effective July 21, 2014, under the REAL ID Act of 2005, federal agencies, including NIST, can only accept a state-issued driver’s license or identification card by states that are REAL ID compliant or have an extension. (https://www.nist.gov/about-nist/visit/campus-access-and-security)
- There are several hotels in the area. Hotels in the area offer Government rates for those that can use it. Some may even offer a NIST rate if you ask for it. Federal per diem for hotels in this area is $175/night.
- Courtyard by Marriott ($172/night includes breakfast in Courtyard Café; This location is within walking distance of several different restaurants and a short shuttle ride to/from NIST. FYI – there is a full-service Marriott just around the lake from this hotel.
- Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, 2 Montgomery Village Avenue, Gaithersburg, MD 20879 ($125/night) includes shuttle to/from NIST and a continental breakfast; restaurant in hotel, and walking distance to one or two other restaurants.
- The hotels above do not charge for parking, similar to most hotels in the area.
Holiday Inn Gaithersburg
- Click on the link provided above (this will take you to the reservations website)
- Modify arrival and/or departure dates as needed by clicking on “Change Search”
- Click on “Select Room” for the room type, then click on “Select Rate”
- Proceed to complete the reservations page
- Record your confirmation number
For guests that would prefer to call and make reservations, they simply need to mention “NEXTFLEX” block or the block code NFX to receive the special rate. The cutoff date for this block is July 30th, 2018.
2 Montgomery Village Avenue
Gaithersburg, MD 20879
Ask for the NIST Rate – $125/night and includes Hotel Shuttle to and from NIST
805 Russell Ave., Gaithersburg, MD 20879
P:301-670-0008 | F: 301-948-4538
Ask for the NIST Rate – $129/night
Courtyard Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center
204 Boardwalk Place
Gaithersburg, MD 20878
~$179/night and includes Hotel Shuttle to and from NIST
- Food and Beverages: NIST has a cafeteria, located adjacent to the meeting rooms, and is open from 7:30 am – 3 pm. You can purchase coffee, refreshments, breakfast and/or lunch. For the early birds, if you arrive in the area before 7 am, within one block of the NIST front gate, there are two McDonalds, an Einstein Bagels, a Starbucks, a Dunkin Donuts and a Duck Donut!!
- Dress Code: Dress code around NIST is business casual; however, you are likely to see anything from jeans to suits. Dress in accordance with your comfort. Wear layers because the meeting rooms around NIST can be warm in the morning, and freezing by afternoon.
- The weather for Gaithersburg, MD in August is typically hot and humid!! Double check right before you leave: https://weather.com/weather/today/l/USMD0169:1:US