Using additive manufacturing, Sierra Turbines has developed a turbine engine which excels in reliability due to several design innovations such as a proprietary electronic control system, Engine Health Monitoring, and precision thermodynamic flows in both compression and combustion. Sierra Turbines’ initial market focus is on the Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) and ground-based, hybrid electrical systems. Flexible Hybrid Electronics technology shows great promise and benefit to microturbine applications given the inherent nature of FHE structures with applications to structural health, and asset and system performance monitoring.
- Introduction – Ed Hendricks, NextFlex
- NextFlex Support to Sierra Turbines – Alex Cook, NextFlex
- Sierra Turbines Presentation – Roger Smith
- How the CADENCE Grant / NextFlex Support has benefitted Sierra Turbines
- Sierra Turbines and SansEC and the ST micro-Turbine
- Next steps for Sierra Turbines
- Q&A Opportunities for audience