Dear NextFlex Members and Friends,
It is hard to believe that it has been a month already since we ended a successful Flex Conference in Monterey, CA. We at NextFlex contributed greatly to the success of the event, and we got so much back in return. Many of our funded projects were presented as part of the conference tracks, and it was exciting to see so much interest in the progress made to date. We held terrific roadmapping sessions and we explored new opportunities to fuel collaborative activity. It was great to see many of you there and thank you for your energetic participation.
The highlight for me was the opportunity to recognize member volunteers who consistently go above and beyond to advance the NextFlex mission. The following individuals were celebrated during our member reception for their many contributions to projects, roadmapping activities, workshops, workforce development, and for always being there when we call on them for guidance and support:
- Jim Huang, Ph.D., Research Scientist, HPE Labs
- Joseph M. Kunze, Ph.D., President and CEO, SI2 Technologies
- Terri Sandu, Director, Talent and Business Innovation, Lorain County Community College
- Suresh Sitaraman, Ph.D., Professor, George W. Woodruff School of Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Tech
- Geoffrey A. Slipher, Research Scientist, US Army Research Laboratory
- Richard Vaia, Ph.D, Director, Functional Materials Division, AFRL
Thanks again to this fantastic set of contributors. I look forward to our continued productive collaboration!
Dr. Malcolm J. Thompson
Executive Director, NextFlex