Innovation Days 2020 Videos
Welcome friends and supporters from the FHE community, workforce development partners and media. Thank you for your interest in the work that NextFlex and its members are doing to advance the manufacturability and commercialization of flexible hybrid electronics (FHE) and to foster the growth of the workforce of tomorrow.
As you may know, NextFlex is one of eight Department of Defense-sponsored Manufacturing Innovation Institutes in the US. Flexible hybrid electronics (FHE) combine the best of two worlds – printed electronics, which are quick and low cost to produce, with traditional chips and components, to make thin, lightweight, and conformal smart electronics that are revolutionizing both military and commercial applications. Key areas of focus for us include human health monitoring devices, structural health monitoring systems, conformal printed antennas, soft robotics, and more. FHEs promise to change the way we live, work and play by enabling devices in new, functional form factors that perform as well, or better than, traditional rigid electronics.
On this page, you will see the following:
- An Innovation Days Welcome by Dr. Malcolm Thompson, NextFlex Executive Director & Keynote Address by Dr. Robert Irie of OUSD(R&E)
- A panel on Women Transforming Innovation
- A Technology Visionary Talk by Dr. Subramanian Iyer on Flexible Hybrid Electronics 2.0
- Senator Cornyn’s staff update on the CHIPs Act
- A Special Guest Speaker from IDTechEx
- A Special Guest Speaker from Army Research Laboratories
- Our Workforce Development National Expansion Overview
- A panel discussing how Next Generation Technology Demands a Next Generation Workforce
- A Workforce Development Partner Spotlight
- A FlexFactor Virtual Program Review
- Virtual FlexFactor Finals
- Virtual Exhibit Hall videos from some of our Members
Enjoy this curated set of video presentations from Innovation Days 2020!
Innovation Days Welcome by Dr. Malcolm Thompson, NextFlex Executive Director & Keynote Address by Dr. Robert Irie of OUSD(R&E)
Women Transforming Innovation Panel
Technology Visionary Talk by Dr. Subramanian Iyer on Flexible Hybrid Electronics 2.0
Senator Cornyn’s staff update on the CHIPs Act
Special Guest Speaker from IDTechEx
Special Guest Speaker from Army Research Laboratory
Workforce Development National Expansion Overview
Next Generation Technology Demands a Next Generation Workforce Panel
Workforce Development Partner Spotlight
FlexFactor Virtual Program Review
Virtual FlexFactor Finals
Virtual Exhibit Hall Videos
Please enjoy these manufacturing and technology capability videos from a select group of NextFlex members.
- Acellent Technologies, Inc.
- Auburn University
- Blueshift Materials, Inc
- Brewer Science, Inc
- Croda Inc.
- General Dynamics Mission Systems, Inc.
- Integrated Deposition Solutions
- Millibatt, Inc.
- Nano Dimension
- NASA Ames Research Center
- nScrypt Inc.
- SAFI-Tech, Inc.
- SHOEI Electronic Materials, Inc.
- systeMECH, Inc
- UES, Inc.
- University of Massachusetts Lowell
- University of Washington
Acellent Technologies, Inc.
Blueshift Materials, Inc
Brewer Science, Inc
General Dynamics Mission Systems, Inc.
Integrated Deposition Solutions
NASA Ames Research Center
SHOEI Electronic Materials, Inc.
University of Massachusetts Lowell
University of Washington
Media inquiries: If you have further interest and would like to follow up with any of these member organizations, please direct an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Media Request Follow-up Innovation Days for his prompt reply.
All other inquiries: Please send an email to email@example.com.
Thank you again for your interest in NextFlex, flexible hybrid electronics, and our 100-strong member community.