NextFlex Project Calls fulfill one of the Institute’s primary goals: fostering technology innovation and commercialization.
Project Call 6.0 (PC 6.0) focuses on areas identified in the Flexible Hybrid Electronics (FHE) Roadmap developed by NextFlex Technical Working Groups. This roadmap is developed by industry, government, nonprofit, and academic subject matter experts, and reviewed by the Institute’s Technical and Governing Councils. Project call topics address identified gaps where the manufacturing readiness lags other aspects of the FHE ecosystem.
A wide range of topics comprise this latest project call. Topics were developed by both Manufacturing Thrust Area and Technology Platform Demonstrator Technical Working Groups, addressing general and specific manufacturing challenges. Physical hardware deliverables are still strongly desired, and for some topics, are required.
Topics for PC 6.0 include:
- PC 6.1: High Performance and Multi-Layer FHE Devices
- PC 6.2: Improving the Reliability of FHE Devices
- PC 6.3: FHE Demonstrators for Monitoring Systems
- PC 6.4: Advanced FHE Materials Demonstrator
- PC 6.5: Closed-Loop Process Monitoring for Printed Component Manufacturing
- PC 6.6: Advanced FHE Modeling and Design Tools
- PC 6.7: System Development of RF/Microwave FHE Technology
- PC 6.8: Open Topic for New Project Leads
DoD Agency-funded topics:
- PC 6.9: Flexible Hybrid Electronics (FHE) for Highly Integrated and Compact Interconnects for RF Systems
- PC 6.10: Conformal / Flexible FHE-based Active mm-Wave Phased Array Apertures
NextFlex hosted a virtual Proposer’s Day on Wednesday, February 17 to introduce PC 6.0 topics and proposal submission procedures, answer questions regarding the project call, and provide opportunity for interested participants to develop proposal teams.
Next, you can join us for a PC 6.0 Virtual Teaming Event where you can pitch your proposal ideas & capabilities to others looking to collaborate. You will also hear from potential project proposers looking for teaming opportunities.