NextFlex Project Calls fulfill one of the Institute’s primary goals: fostering technology innovation and commercialization.
Project Call 7.0 (PC 7.0) focuses on areas identified in the Flexible Hybrid Electronics (FHE) Roadmap developed by NextFlex Technical Working Groups. This technology roadmap is developed by industry, government, nonprofit, and academic subject matter experts, then reviewed by the Institute’s Technical and Governing Councils. Project call topics address gaps where the manufacturing readiness lags behind other aspects of the flexible electronics ecosystem.
A wide range of topics comprise this latest project call. The topics were developed by both the Manufacturing Thrust Area and Technology Platform Demonstrator Technical Working Groups to address general and specific advanced manufacturing challenges. Physical hardware deliverables are still strongly desired, and for some topics, are required.
Topics for PC 7.0 include:
- 7.1: Advanced Packaging Approaches for IC Integration in FHE Device
- 7.2: Additively Manufactured Electronic Components and Devices
- 7.3: Improved Environmental Sustainability of Electronics with FHE Manufacturing
- 7.4: Manufacturing of Soft and Stretchable Electronics
- 7.5: Enhanced Dielectric Materials & Manufacturing Methods for FHE Devices
- 7.6: Manufacturing of FHE-Enabled Automotive Components
- 7.7: Wearable Human Monitoring / Interface Demonstrator
- 7.8: Open Topic for “New Project Leads”
NextFlex hosted a Proposer’s Day and Teaming Event on Tuesday, March 1 at the NextFlex Winter FHE Symposium. The Proposer’s Day webinar introduced PC 7.0 topics and proposal submission procedures, answered questions regarding the project call, and provided the opportunity for interested participants to develop proposal teams. The PC 7.0 Teaming Event is where attendees pitched their proposal ideas & capabilities to others looking to collaborate. They also heard from potential project proposers looking for teaming opportunities. The Teaming Event slides below contain the proposal pitches and contact information of each of the proposers.
PC 7.0 projects have been awarded and announced.